WE ARE HIRING FOR MULTIPLE POSITIONS!!!!
Thank you for your interest in joining Team Jake. Drivers are A&M Transport’s most valuable asset. We have employment opportunities for both experienced drivers and newly graduated students from an accredited Truck Driving School. If you don’t have a Class A CDL but are ready to make a career change, we can help with that too! Contact our recruiter and get all the details!
- CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
- APPLY NOW
- TEAM JAKE
- COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE
- GET YOUR CDL
- CDL TUITION ASSISTANCE
- TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOLS
- EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRATION EB-3
HIRING NEW CDL GRADUATES- 23 years and older
HIRING ENTRY-LEVEL CDL DRIVERS and EXPERIENCED CDL DRIVERS
Multiple Positions are available! Contact us today to see why A&M Transport is not your average trucking company. We truly value our employees. Your success is our success!!
We predominately deliver along the I-5 corridor in OR, WA, and CA. Several positions are available for Flatbed, Tautliner, or Dry Vans, running in WA, OR, CA, AZ, and NV.
- Home weekly, emphasis on achieving mileage goals while maximizing your home time.
- $1,500.00 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers (paid in 60 days).
- Tuition Reimbursement for qualified drivers.
- Take trucks home (when certain requirements are met).
- High percentage of drop & hook customers, 95% of freight is no-touch.
- Rider and Pet policies are available.
- Well maintained, modern fleet of trucks equipped with inverters and refrigerators for driver comfort.
- Average First Year Annual earnings for Entry Level Driver $60,000-$72,000
- Average Annual earnings for Experienced Driver $71,000 – $95,000+
Driver Compensation Package includes:
Paid by the Mile
Bonuses for Safety/Performance
Fuel Incentive Bonus program
Layover/Wait Time Compensation
Additional pay for tarping, strapping, and extra stops
Front Loaded Paid Time Off
Paid Vacation Time
Cell Phone Stipend
401K with company match
Holidays (3 paid holidays per year)
Insurance benefits include:
Health Ins. (coverage available for dependents), Dental, Vision, RX (prescription), Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Voluntary Life Insurance.
Thank you for your interest in joining Team Jake. A&M Transport is family-owned and operated and the family atmosphere can be felt throughout the entire operation. Respect for family and home time is a high priority and we will make every effort to accommodate driver’s schedules and requested routing while maximizing the driver’s earning potential.
Our operation focuses mainly on the I-5 corridor throughout Oregon, Washington, and California. We also service limited areas of Nevada and Arizona.
Do you have questions before you apply? Inquire using the contact form on the right or contact Gaylene Nixon below:
Driver Development & Recruiting
Safety & Personnel Director
Chief Executive Officer – Manager
Do you have questions about Joining Team Jake? Let’s chat and we can talk in some more details. Please submit the form below with your contact information and we will reach out to you shortly.
WE ARE TEAM JAKE!
We are located in Southern Oregon but you can live in other areas and still join our team. We operate a modern well-maintained fleet of tractors that are fully equipped for driver comfort. The trailer types consist of dry vans, flatbeds, and taut-liners (curtain vans). Our drivers have the option as to the type of equipment they wish to operate. A&M Transport is family owned and we value your family and respect your home time. We make every effort to accommodate driver schedules and route requests, all while maintaining our A+ service to our customers.
When Andy Owens Sr. purchased his first truck in 1972, he decided that he needed a mascot. Not just any ole mascot was going to do; he wanted a unique mascot that would be recognized throughout the industry as one that stood for safety, superior service, and affordability.
The Owens family has always supported the local School District in Glendale Oregon which proudly supports a Pirate as their mascot. Andy Sr. made the decision to keep a Pirate theme for his mascot so, with the help of a local sign maker, he came up with a unique design totally opposite of the school district; Thus, Jake was born!
Some question if Jake is smiling or growling. Rest assured, he is indeed a happy Pirate and he’s always smiling as he rides up and down the interstates and highways delivering the goods. Many have gone so far as to consider him the Guardian Angel of the A&M fleet.
Photos Submitted by Drivers
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Driver Compensation Package:
- Drivers are paid by the mile (Rand McNally: practical routing)
- Average Annual Earnings for Entry Level Driver: $60,000 – $72,000
- Average Annual Earnings for Experienced Driver: $71,000 – $95,000+
- Safety / Performance Bonus Program
- Fuel Incentive Bonus Program
- Detention Compensation Program
- Additional pay for Tarping, Strapping, Extra Stops
- Longevity Compensation
- Front-Loaded PTO (Paid-time-off; Sick, Personal)
- Paid Vacation
- Holidays- 3 paid holidays per year
- Monthly Cell phone Stipend
- Sign-On Bonus (for Experienced Drivers)
Driver Benefits Package:
- Health Insurance (Coverage options available for dependents)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- RX Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401K with company match.
All compensation and benefits are subject to employment terms and conditions. Please contact us for more detailed information.
Requirements For Getting A CDL
To get a commercial driver license you must:
- Have or meet the qualifications for an Oregon Driver License (non-commercial Class C).
- Be at least 21 years of age (18 for intrastate);
- Present proof of your full legal name, legal presence in the U.S., identity, date of birth and residence address;
- Provide your Social Security Number on the application;
- Start your application online–Indicate that you have at least one year driving experience in at least a non-commercial Class C vehicle;
- Complete requirements for any commercial driver license endorsements you may need;
- Pass a vision screening;
- Submit a copy of a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate and, when required, a federal exemption and/or Skills Performance Evaluation or state medical waiver;
- Have or get a valid CLP before taking the CDL Skills Test;
- Pass the CDL Skills Test;
- Pay the applicable fees;
- Not be suspended or otherwise disqualified from holding a commercial driver license in any state; and
- Surrender any Oregon or out-of-state driver license or permit or Oregon ID Card.
Oregon now issues temporary residents limited-term CDLs and commercial learner permits, although drivers from Canada and Mexico are not eligible at this time. Please see FMCSA regulations 49 CFR 383.21 and 49 CFR 383.23 more information.Visit The Oregon DMV Site For More Information
Douglas, Coos & Curry Counties
South Coast Business
760 NW Hill Ave Suite 102
Roseburg, OR 97471
WorkSource Douglas STEP
Jackson & Josephine Counties
WorkSource Rogue Valley
Jackson County One-Stop Career Center
119 N Oakdale Ave
Medford, OR 97501
WorkSource Rogue Valley
Josephine County One-Stop Career Center
1569 NE “F” St.
Grants Pass, OR
Oregon Truck Driver Tuition Loan Program
Truck Driving Schools
Umpqua Community College- Roseburg, OR
Aisling Truck Academy- White City, OR
Rogue Community College- Medford, OR
Coast Trucking School- Coos Bay, OR
Owner Operator Program
For detailed information on the A&M Transport – Owner Operator program, please contact Andy Owens
Office direct: 541.832.3413
Or, send us a message on the contact form and we will contact you promptly.