Dry Van Position:
Find your career and plan for a secure future for you and your family. Family owned and operated since 1972, A&M Transport operates 150 trucks on the I-5 corridor primarily servicing OR, WA & CA. Come drive well maintained tractors and trailers while enjoying the family atmosphere and personalized relationship with dispatch operations. Prioritized or preferred routing within our operating area is available upon request. Large percentage of “drop and hook” opportunities with 98% no-touch freight. Company makes every effort to maximize drivers earnings while respecting the value of home and family time.
• Minimum twenty-three (23) years of age although 21 & 22 year olds will be considered upon Insurance Co approval.
• Class A CDL
• Insurable Driving Record
• Verifiable truck driving experience or accredited truck driving school
• Employer will conduct background check, DMV records check & drug test
• Truck Driving School Graduates are encouraged to apply. Additional paid training through
A&M Transport will be required for all truck driving school grads. Truck driving school tuition reimbursement program available.
• Sign-On Bonus for experienced drivers.
• Trucks equipped with latest communication and navigation technology including scales Prepass system.
• Passenger and Pet Policy available.
• Drive through truck wash and axle scales on property.
• Cell phone and Sirius XM allowance.
Operate a Semi Truck & Dry Van Trailer throughout OR, WA and CA picking up and delivering general commodity freight. Job duties could include the following: hooking and un-hooking trailers; securement of freight in trailer and completion of load shipping documents; Weigh truck & trailer after loading of each shipment to ensure legal weight limits are achieved; Make adjustments to trailer tandems settings as needed to adjust axle weights; Inspect truck & trailer for mechanical soundness as per Federal DOT rules; Fuel truck & check fluid levels as per company protocol; Apply tire chains during inclement weather conditions if applicable.
Days and Hours:
Emphasis on Monday thru Friday operations but may be required to work occasional Sat or Sun. 50 plus hours per week.
• Up to $.41/mile for experienced drivers based on verifiable experience.
• $.36/mile as an entry level driver.
• Additional Pay: $.03/mile Performance Bonus for all qualifying drivers.
$.015/mile Fuel Incentive Bonus for all qualifying drivers.
• Additional accessorial compensation available. (Driver Assist Loading/Unloading, Extra Stop, Detention)
• Longevity Compensation Program
Industry Leading Benefits:
Paid Time Off (PTO) after 90 days. Paid vacation, 401K, Health Insurance Package and Family Plan. Dental, Vision, and Short Term Disability also available.